Friday, February 26, 2010

In My head at the Moment...

Reflecting on my favorite poem before the journey begins:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost: The Road Not Taken (1915)



I'm going to have this song stuck in my head for a good portion of my trip.Thank you, Kenneth.

What else is going through my head :

- Stress: Lots of packing and phone calls to be made. 80 lbs isn't going to be easy.

- Sadness: Today's my last day at work and it pains me to leave such an amazing group of people - my second family. I cried when I started to read the Farewell card everyone signed during the surprise going away party at lunch. I can't even begin to imagine what it will feel like when I say goodbye to my real family on Saturday.

- Excitement: 40-degree Washington DC weather and then 24 hours of flying here we come! Saturday I fly out to Washington, DC for "Staging". Monday, March 1st I take an 18-hour flight to Johannesburg, South Africa. ( I met a woman on campus today from Johannesburg who said there was nothing to see there. lol. I'm still excited.) Spend one night in Johannesburg and then I'm off for another 4-hour flight to my home for the next 2 years -- Madagascar.

- I am truly Blessed: Thank you, to all my friends and family for your love and support. People think I'm brave or courageous to leave the comforts of home to live and work helping total strangers across the globe. But the truth is that I feel obligated to take all the love you all give me and instead of bottling it up for myself, I'm going forth and sharing all this love with those who may not be as fortunate.

That's all for now. I'll post again before I officially leave American internet :) Madrapihoana (See you Later!)

4 comments:

  1. um 1. that song/video is RIDIC!! I love that it'll be your theme song in Madagascar
    2. Great blog!
    3. I'm so sad I'm stuck in the desert and can't say bye one more time!
    4. Yea for stickin it to the man ;)

    Safe travels my love! I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. meeenz i love you! :) it was wonderful being told by papa lanting "thank you for being apart of minnie" lol. not apart of your life. just apart of you. HAHA. travel safely ok!? i need you back in one piece or i think kat's gonna drag me to madagascar so we can go apeshit on someone. hahah <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. har har did'nt we have to memorize that poem in some english class in HS? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete